Aviation Supply Chain
The Off-shift CMC Process Engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support, such as overall operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) & associated manufacturing process(es), across multiple cross-functional process areas of Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC’s) supporting off-shift operations for the Asheville CMC facility.
In addition, as the Off-shift CMC Process Engineer, you will:
· Serve as focal point to / from shop technicians, facilitators, team leads and/or leadership for technical clarity on processes and/or equipment
· Ensure overall equipment effectiveness of equipment is maximized, including availability, reliability, performance, etc.
· Prevent, address, correct and/or contain operational issues and/or leading indicators of equipment and/or processes that are deviating and/or potentially deviating from planned and/or intended end results (i.e. safety, quality, output, yield, etc.)
· Prevent, minimize, mitigate, contain, and/or correct non-conformance and/or non-compliances
· Own & drive special projects to ensure effective industrialization, lean, yield, cost, cycle & production improvements
· Work both autonomously as well as collaboratively in identifying needs, proactive support to manufacturing teams in enhancing production cost, cycle, yield
· Articulate progression of projects and/or programs to all facets of the business, including technicians, process engineers, site leadership & executive business leaders, ensuring efforts support business goals & objectives
· Performs other duties as assigned / as needed to support 24x7 manufacturing processes
· Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience related to production process and equipment, machining, manufacturing engineering and/or thermal processing)
· Ability and willingness to work an offshift position
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Strong communication (written / oral) & presentation skills
· Ability to differentiate & manage competing priorities
· Ability & willingness to become competent on solving issues across multiple manufacturing processes and/or equipment
· CTT, EEDP, OMLP and/or other formal leadership development program graduate and/or proven track record & experience in manufacturing support, facilitation and/or supervision
· Ability to digest complex issues & articulate to teams, technicians & leadership
· Experience supporting and/or working in manufacturing environment
· Proven history of sense of urgency in supporting production needs
· Ability to adapt to business needs & flexibility in changing priorities
· Proven track record of effective coaching & mentoring of others
· Proven track record of problem solving
· Experience in managing and/or Influencing skills for teams / individuals not within own reporting structure & delivering results
· Experience in Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programing, manufacturing and/or troubleshooting
· Knowledge and/or experience in CMC manufacturing
· Strong acumen in cross functional communications & engagement
· LEAN manufacturing experience & passion
Unison Engine Components is located in Asheville, NC. We are a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs.Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.