Description de l'offre
Rivalta di Torino
The job position refers to Advanced Systems preliminary design and technology Fastworks, supporting the definition of next gen LP systems for future applications (new large engine architectures, next gen turboprop and turboshaft power plant, hybrid systems).
Working as part of an integrated global team, in this role you will design, analyze and optimize components and sub-systems contributing to deliver advanced products that better meet customer, partner and program needs. You will also support the detailed definition of systems to be tested through a range of subscale and full scale rigs for technology maturation and validation purpose.
With the guidance of experienced engineers, you will:
· Support technical feasibility studies and concept design of advanced systems for next engine opportunities
· Execute components detailed design for test vehicles and technology maturation needs
· Execute preliminary design activities
· Conduct design optimization to meet customer requirements and/or test intent
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to the extended team
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Support technical and program reviews.
· Master Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Aerospace/Energy Engineering from an accredited university
· Good knowledge of fundamental mechanical design concepts, mechanics of materials, design hand calculations
· Strong engineering outlook, hands-on engineering foundation and eager to learn
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Clear thinking and diligent approach
· English and Italian language knowledge, both written and oral
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· EU work permit.
· Creativity and curiosity
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Familiarity with CAD software (Unigraphics or other commercial CAD software)
· Knowledge of FE analysis tools
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Analytical thinking skills
· Passionate, curious and enthusiastic for engineering challenges
· Proven self-starter and independent worker who can work with functional teams
· System mindset and problem solver.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .