Lead UAV Planning & Autonomy Algorithms Developer
Corporate Business Innovations
The Lead Aerial Autonomy Engineer will work in teams and provide technical expertise for designing a variety of algorithms for autonomous systems operating in a shared airspace, for one or more technical areas of interest.
Key technical areas of interest for algorithm development include: i) path and trajectory planning for unmanned aerial vehicles, ii) management of static and dynamic geographic and airspace features, iii) multi-sensor fusion and tracking of aerial vehicles, iv) conformance and conflict management, and v) collision avoidance. The design and development of algorithms in these areas requires experience with one or more of the following topics: probabilistic models, optimization techniques, computational geometry, estimation and prediction methods, efficient and complete heuristics for planning and scheduling, and scalable approaches for coordination of distributed decision agents, in dynamic environments. The successful candidate will perform advanced engineering and development of algorithms, and transition to software, based on known or novel solution approaches. You will be part of a cross-disciplinary engineering team engaged in the development of a commercial system that will service multiple customers who seek to employ autonomous systems in a variety of industry sectors. You and your fellow engineering team members, will coordinate efforts with other teams with complementary expertise. You will be in an environment that emphasizes strong collaboration between engineering teams, product / business managers, end users, and internal/external partners.
In this role, you will:
· Work with Engineering Leadership, Product and Business Managers to understand product capability needs, and translate those into algorithm requirements and designs
· Provide expertise, guidance and rationale in the selection of context appropriate algorithms designs
· Work as part of a cross-functional team to translate algorithm design into practical and efficient implementations for commercially viable products and services
· Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes
· Participate in industry and technical meetings to support business objectives
· Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
· Master’s or PhD Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 3 years analytics development for industrial / operational applications in a commercial or equivalent setting
· Expertise in design and development of algorithms in one or more of the following key technical subjects: probabilistic models, optimization techniques, computational geometry, estimation and prediction methods, efficient and complete heuristics for planning and scheduling
· Software development and system simulation experience with a programming language (Java, C / C++, Python) Eligibility Requirements
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Boston, MA
· PhD in Engineering or Scientific Discipline
· Experience working in and leading teams
· Experience developing distributed algorithms
· Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: i) path and trajectory planning for unmanned aerial vehicles, ii) management of static and dynamic geographic and airspace features, iii) multi-sensor fusion and tracking of aerial vehicles, iv) conformance and conflict management, and v) collision avoidance.
· Experience with communicating and presenting to project/program leadership
· Experience collaborating with external/industry partners
· Experience developing novel and innovative technologies
· Comfortable serving as a change agent
· Comfortable working in ambiguous and dynamic environments
GE Ventures is creating a new start-up, AIROS. This Start-up will have access to unparalleled
resources through GE’s Global Research Center, GE Digital, GE Aviation Systems (GEAS) and
GE’s IoT platform, Predix, NBC team leverages GE’s operational excellence, brand and scale to
create options for breakout growth. The NEWCO is creating enabling infrastructure and robotics
technologies that promote autonomy with persistent, geospatial big data stacks.
AIROS offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. AIROS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.