Corporate Business Innovations
The Executive Assistant role supports one leader who functions as GE’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Chief Learning Officer, and President of GE Foundation. This role acts as an ambassador and administrative leader for this individual who leads multiple functional areas and is responsible for interfacing with all in-bound requests related to scheduling and calendar management and partnering with others for ultimate execution and delivery of CMO/CCO/CLO administrative office.
This role will navigate across a matrix organization & understand macro and micro level context for the purposes of owning & driving rapid re prioritization of the CMO/CCO/CLO’s schedule. This individual will embody gracious diplomacy, working with tact and urgency. This opportunity is for a driven, capable and highly energetic individual who views no task too big or small and thrives in a fast-paced Corporate environment.
· Detailed tracking and categorizing of all incoming meeting requests, acting as point person for both inbound reactive requests and proactive CMO/CCO/CLO-initiated requests
· Directly manage extensive complex calendar and time sensitive scheduling for the CMO/CCO/CLO
· Partner with key members across Marketing, Comms, Learning, in addition to the CEO/C-suite leadership and C-suite EAs, HR team and other stakeholders
· Understand CMO/CCO/CLO priorities and partner on a weekly cadence to ensure near & long term meeting schedule aligns to execution of priorities
· Plan ahead to understand and anticipate CMO/CCO/CLO needs
· Understand greater context and relevance of meeting and whether materials need to be reviewed in advanced or during session, whether specific meeting attendees/key stakeholders are responsible for delivering materials etc; Help to organize and compile as needed; understand the follow-up required upon meeting close and work ahead to schedule supplemental sessions as needed
· Attend meetings as note taker and send summary notes with action items called out
· Comfort and ease in navigating all mediums of telecommunication (Skype For Business, telepresence/conference call integration, etc.)
Communication & Correspondence:
· Manage correspondence which may require drafting emails on behalf of the CMO/CCO/CLO, ensuring messaging aligns with real-time context and is professional, accurate, timely, with appropriate context and prioritization.
· Ability to navigate and leverage various methods of communication: email, text, Slack, IM, phone, Skype
· Book all domestic & international travel
· Reconcile & file expense reimbursement/reporting according to T&L policy in a timely manner
· Act as travel concierge providing support for transfers, pick-ups & meet-ups to ensure on time arrival/departures to all meetings, flights, etc.
· Anticipate & solve travel issues/conflicts quickly & efficiently
· Capacity to travel with CMO/CCO/CLO to GE Crotonville Learning Center up to 1-day per week
Project management & Admin Duties
· Light support for CMO/CCO/CLO direct reports
· Provide telephone coverage for inbound calls, manage mail processing & distribution, file set-up & maintenance, ordering office supplies/equipment
· Preparing PowerPoint presentations & Excel spreadsheets as needed.
Special projects as required which may include
· Intern program management: coordinate on-boarding, manage mid-program & end of program reviews in partnership with managers, plan lunch & learn sessions, coordinate end of internship capstone project report-out
· Office space/seating allocation or movement planning in partnership with HR team
· Participation in NYC Women’s Network programming
· Act as focal point for new hire or re-verification of I-9s in the NYC office
· Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
· Minimum 10-15 years’ experience as executive assistant, supporting C-level executives
· Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Strong PowerPoint skills; familiarity with video conferencing
· Excellent administrative, organizational and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
· Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated success working in a high performing team environment
· Extreme attention to detail, follow up, highly organized
· Ability to ensure security of confidential information – discretion and confidentiality
US Work Authorization without further sponsorship
· Individual should have a global mindset, high learning agility, keen awareness / emotional intelligence, and be adept at working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with GE business operating rhythm and processes
Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible when faced with changing priorities
· Experience working in a multi-national corporate environment
· Experience with a global company
· Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills – high level of motivation, integrity, self-confidence and ability to take initiative.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Collaborative team player with proactive approach
Active listening skills, summation skills and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
· Degree in business administration or marketing a plus
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).