Aviation Customer Delivery Operations
Perform the complete assembly, disassembly and modifications on the engine and its components, assemblies and accessories, using all types of jigs, fixtures, and hand and power tools, presses and material handling equipment, work from sketches, oral and written instructions.
· Set-up and operate all types of balance equipment to balance rotating parts and components.
· Perform in process, final and related inspection functions including using precision checking and measuring devices.
· Perform a variety of assembly support functions such as kitting, material handling/movement and area housekeeping.
· Definition for this occupation is for identity only; it does not detail all operations performed or required.
· Current F.A.A. Power Plant License Required
· One (1) year machining, mechanical inspection or mechanical assembly experience.
· Mechanical ability and able to read and interpret written procedures and directions.
· Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
· High School diploma or GED
· Trade school graduate
· Hands on experience assembling and or disassembling aircraft engines or gas turbines
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).