Power Steam Power
The Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Preparation of technical data (mechanical and civil engineering part) for commercial offers of environmental protection equipment (electrostatic precipitators, fabric filters, ash transportation systems, flue gas desulphurization systems, etc.).
· Mechanical and/or civil engineering parts’ design of environmental protection equipment.
· Inspections / assessments of environmental protection equipment.
· Coordination of sub-contractors’ mechanical and civil engineering parts design activities.
· Provides on-time delivery of mechanical and/or civil engineering systems technical documentation of environmental protection equipment in accordance with project requirements, among others:
· Basic and detail documentation
· Equipment specifications
· Technical documentation for Procurement Department (i.e. general technicalspecification, equipment specifications, and other technical requirements);
· Layout drawings
· Input data for the projects execution time schedule
· Technical clarifications with the Clients
· Projects Reviews participation
· “As-built” documentation
· Technical support during projects acquisition and execution
· Supervising of steel prefabrication process
· Supervising erection works on sites and participation in commissioning phase
· Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Civil Engineering or equivalent knowledge or work experience
· Knowledge and understanding of engineering tools in the aspects related to the mechanical and civil engineering parts design, especially in environmental protection equipment.
· Knowledge of mechanical and civil engineering norms and standards (Poland and EU).
· Knowledge and understanding of long-term operational effects of environmental protection equipment.
· Basic knowledge of combustion gases’ flue-dynamic processes in relation to environmental protection equipment (CFD modeling skills would be appreciated).
· Professional Civil Engineering License would be appreciated.
· Ability to work in Microsoft Office environment and experience in work with CAD design tools (Autocad and TEKLA preferred).
· Ability to work in a global environment, good command of both spoken and written English.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .