Environmental Health & Safety
The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Intern will work within the Avio Aero EHS Team, providing support to solve issues of medium complexity to the everyday shop floor work life and will help in resolving them through immediate action or short and medium term planning.
· Support EHS Team to define, improve, lean, simplify, communicate and maintain site EHS program requirements and expectations
· Maintain and update risk assessment and related documentation
· Assist in implementation of programs and procedures to ensure compliance related to EHS disciplines
· Maintain EHS tracking programs and record keeping system
· Develop and maintain general knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
· Assist in issue resolution
· Bachelor's degree in Techniques of Prevention, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical, Electric Engineering from an accredited University or College (Master Degree Preferred)
· Good oral and written communication skills
· IT skill set
· Fluent Italian and English language knowledge (written and spoken)
· Knowledge of EHS Italian legislation
· EU Work Permit
· Preferably, Master in Occupational Health and Safety Management
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to prioritize workload commitments and multi task
· Ability to work in team
· Previous experience in EHS (i.e. University Project works)
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.