GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
We are looking for a Master's Thesis Worker to join the Grid Solutions, FACTS Unit, based in Tampere. As a Thesis worker you will join to Control Software Team. The internship period is full-time and lasts approx. 6 to 9 months. The preferable starting date would be as soon as possible. M.Sc Thesis topic is related to control system development of Static Synchronous Compensator (STATCOM)
The ideal candidate's studies are aiming at M.Sc. degree in Power Engineering (P.E.) or in Electrical Engineering (E.E.). Preferred completion degree 80% or more of studies done. Major e.g. in Power Transmission and Distribution, Power Electronics, Power Systems and Markets, Alternative Technologies in Power & Energy.
Preferred skills/experience (the list is quite comprehensive, but it's not necessary to master in all areas)
• Good theoretical skills in power electronics and / or power system engineering
• Understanding of control theory behind grid connected converters
• Experience on simulation tools Matlab / Simulink, PSCAD, RTDS and Digsilent
• Desire to work in international environment
• Good documentation skills (English)
• Team player
• Passion towards work
• Curious and open-minded
• Willingness towards travel
• Systematic working approach and problem-solving mentality
• Strong prioritizing and time management skills
We offer you a varied role in a truly international environment and great opportunities to further develop your skills at GE. Join GE, a digital industrial company that builds, powers, moves, cures and connects the world.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Control Engineering Manager Anssi Mäkinen, tel.
Please apply as soon as possible, by sending your application and CV to http://www.ge.com/careers. We are handling the applications already during application period.