Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
This posting is for a 6-month position starting in January 2020. Candidates must be enrolled in a credited college and able to relocate/commute to Bucyrus, OH.
· Co-Ops will work in a manufacturing environment to complete projects designated by their Manager.
· Responsible for projects that have real impact on the business. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following fields: evaluation of supplier quality, product quality, evaluation and reliability, assembly production, fabrication and finishing, production equipment, fixture specification, design, and/or build, quality assurance and process engineering.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program at an accredited university. Preferably Mechanical Engineering.
· Graduating between June 2020-June 2022
· Must be in good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
· Must be able to work full time during the semester (40 hours/week) for 6 months
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Successful candidates will have significant leadership roles on campus or in the community
· Solid analytical skills
· CAD skills, AutoCAD preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Effective team skills
· Coursework or related experience in their major field of study
· Candidates must be proactive and willing to learn
· Ability to work with little supervision
· Ability to interface with a wide array of individuals, balance multiple tasks, and maintain a positive attitude
At GE Lighting, we’re leading a global lighting revolution. We are developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future. At the Bucyrus Lamp Plant, we are involved in world-class LED, fluorescent and energy efficient halogen manufacturing. GE Lighting is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic and energetic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).