As a Thermal Design Engineer in Military Engineering, you will be responsible for inventing, designing, modeling, and deploying world-class thermal solutions for GE’s fielded military aviation fleet and its next generation military architectures. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Execute, with guidance from experienced engineering resources, the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Contribute to thermal design analysis activities to ensure on time delivery of accurate results
· Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
· Be responsible for monitoring and communicating project status to Engineering leadership
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
· Work with a variety of engineering organizations and contribute to the development of the engine systems and designs
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering related to heat transfer or fluid mechanics from an accredited college or university
· Demonstrated background in experimental and computational heat transfer techniques
· Demonstrated acumen in digital tools and PC proficiency
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.