Corporate Global Research
Are you looking for a career development program in technology working alongside people who are creating the future? Are you excited by learning something new every day and solving real-world problems? The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) may be a perfect fit for you.
The GE Research EEDP will prepare you for an exciting career in engineering research that will have real impact on GE’s businesses and customers around the world.
In the GE Research EEDP, you will:
· Work on at least 3 research projects over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
· Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
· Collaborate with diverse teams to develop leading edge technologies for renewable energy, power, aviation, and healthcare.
· Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
· Share project progress internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Current research areas include:
· artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision
· scalable data analytics, cloud computing, industrial software engineering
· embedded computing and cybersecurity
· robotics and autonomous systems
· model-based control, advanced control algorithms, and optimization
· electric machine design and control
power electronics and electric power systems
· mechanical structure analysis and computation (FEA)
· advanced mechanical systems (bearings, gears, couplings, and rotors)
· probabilistic design and optimization of mechanical systems
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related STEM discipline.
· Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
· Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
· All candidates must submit application for employment at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Preference will be given to persons who have:
· Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
· Enthusiasm for a career in technology and engineering research.
· Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
· Commitment to community involvement.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
· High level of adaptability and passion for learning.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers in renewable energy, power, aviation, and healthcare.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).