Open to all US cities
The Customer Support Engineering Specialist is responsible for resolving product, configuration, and application issues/questions for the GE Digital solutions products. May also be responsible for providing expert software technical support and/or Application Support including maintenance for GEHC customers.
Provide support to customers experiencing application workflow/clinical issues displaying an in-depth client workflow or clinical knowledge and/or technical difficulties displaying in-depth technical knowledge of the technology in the Software Products. Working knowledge of operating system (for example file transfer, etc.). Work in a team, mentor others and be responsible for achieving defined goals. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers regarding application/technical issues. Follows procedures for reporting application bugs and updating.
· Respond to customer requests via phone and email.
· Research and troubleshoot issues involving all aspects of the GE Digital solutions, including but not limited to user interface, network and communication connectivity and performance, and on- premise component interoperability, collection/storage, visualization, analytics, machine monitoring software and associated control systems, hardware infrastructure, and interfaces to enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM and Quality.
· Troubleshoot and identify product problems for presentation to engineering or infrastructure teams for resolution or disseminates appropriate information necessary to correct configuration issues.
· Adhere to all processes and methodology for Knowledge Centered Support. Create knowledge content for the Knowledge base.
· Uses troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to make needed modifications to customer database and ensure information integrity
· Uses troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time or project milestones
· Uses standard utilities and programming skills, deliver software to customer sites from GEHC standard version libraries as well as updates GEHC system with resolution status
· Supports product or application with little or no assistance, maintains a high level of quality following all GEHC department standards
· Is responsible for quality solutions to be implemented at client sites
· Understands and follows departmental standards
· Adheres to and advances the use of GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation.
· Acts as a technical resource to other members of the department and customers
· Analyzes and resolves most software issues with minimum assistance
· Specifies, sets up, codes, and processes complex conversion and interfaces for assigned clients meeting all project plan dates set
· Has in-depth knowledge of at least 1 major product. Supports multiple products or suites, while maintaining a high level of quality, following all GEHC department standards
· Has a concentration in/familiarity with other applications to develop integration expertise
· May write or contribute user/technical documentation and case notes
· Meets with customers as necessary, analyzes their needs, and provides insight into products and their functionality
· May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays
· Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization, ensure timely dispatch closure
· Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
· Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps
· Flexibility to provide onsite support, as needed
· Provides customer support in 24x7 environment
· Bachelor’s Degree or Associates and 1 year of progressive experience within technical service role or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 4 years progressive experience within technical service role: software, hardware, networks databases, and/or desktops
· Must be able to work weekend shift (Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work remotely in the US
· Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing and database applications
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Sound knowledge and hands-on exposure to a major Relational Database Management System (Oracle and/or SQL*Server preferred)
· Working experience in SaaS, PaaS, or related -based environments
· Strong client interfacing skills
· Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment, liaising with on-site teams and customers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 1 or more years of exposure to Field Service function or equivalent number of years supporting/implementing FS applications would be nice to have but not required
· Salesforce.com administrative experience. 201 certification preferred
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
ServiceMax from GE Digital is a leading industry provider of field service management software – an estimated $25 billion market worldwide. The company continues to reimagine and create solutions for the 20 million people globally who install, maintain, and repair machines across dozens of industries as the leading provider of complete end-to-end mobile and -based technology for the sector.
ServiceMax brings together the right at the right moment to delight customers and drive business results at the crucial point of service. We’re rethinking field service, and delivering cutting edge technology to help companies perfect service delivery, drive revenue and growth, and delight customers. Come be part of our innovative team!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.