The Additive Manufacturing Engineer will be part of a team working on DMLM technologies and post processing for aeronautical components.
In this role, you will :
· Support development of DMLM (Direct Metal Laser Melting) process
· Support drafting of technical documentations
· Contribute to manage configuration (at the level of activities relating to technology department) for each part number
· Contribute to the continuous product improvement by optimizing existing processes and identifying new opportunities of cost reduction
· Contribute to support to machine operators for the solution of problems related to the operation of the machine
· Deliver products as part of a team
· Work in cross functional teams
· Master Degree in Engineering (Materials Engineering preferred)
· Digital Attitude
· Fluency in Italian and English
· EU work permit
· Software/controls experience is preferred
· Laser/optics experience is preferred
· Strong problem solving skills
· Outside the box thinker - creative
· Passionate about additive and related technologies
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
· Ability to work in cross functional team
· Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral, and presentation skills
· Six Sigma tools & 5S awareness
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .