Our Transaction Real Estate professionals help clients make strategic real estate decisions with objective advice. Our clients see us as a vital part of the team that works closely with them to develop capital market strategies for acquiring and disposing of real estate assets, including fund concepts or sale and leaseback structures. Our global reach means that, wherever our clients are in the world, we can help them raise or structure necessary capital and buy or sell individual properties, property portfolios or equity investments. By joining our team you’ll be at the heart of our mission to ensure that everything we do inspires confidence today, so together we can build a better tomorrow.
As a Transaction Real Estate Staff professional, you’ll be the foundation of the group and pivotal to the department’s success by getting involved with every aspect of our service offerings. You’ll assist in real estate valuation and advisory engagements, working across a variety of clients including owners, developers, builders, financial institutions, lenders and pension funds, as well as numerous Fortune 500 companies. On top of that, we’ll need you to perform at a high level across multiple managers and assignments at all times, while receiving daily coaching and support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
What to expect
You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects which will support your engagement teams from project inception to conclusion. You will utilize your research and analysis skills on a daily basis to resolve complex strategic challenges, as our clients look directly to us to translate complex business information into well-presented and easily understood recommendations. As part of that, you’ll need to develop collaborative skills, along with the confidence to nurture relationships with our clients.
Your key responsibilities
· Assisting with typical engagements such as market studies, financial analysis, due diligence, appraisal and valuation, strategic planning, property performance enhancement, portfolio analysis and cash flow modeling
· Preparing professional reports and memos to distribute research findings both internally at EY and externally to clients and third parties
· Collecting market information and analyzing real estate documents, including appraisals and lending documents
· Performing market studies; cash flow modeling; and report writing
· Assisting audit clients with real estate valuation-related matters (i.e., fair value, purchase price allocation, impairment and other accounting pronouncements affecting the valuation of real estate assets)
To qualify for the role you must have
· Progress towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree, with an emphasis in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
· A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Previous real estate industry experience or a demonstrated interest in the real estate industry
· A working knowledge of real estate software (i.e., Argus, CoStar) is preferred
· A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Academic experience in Mathematics, Business, Economics or Engineering
What we look for
We’re interested in dedicated and hard-working professionals who are passionate about the industry, as your role is pivotal to the group and sets up the entire Transaction Real Estate practice for success. You’ll also need superior communication skills, critical thinking, analytical thinking, time management and good judgment when it comes to discovering relevant data. Our goal is to grow the practice substantially within the next five years, so if you’re ready to contribute and be part of building a better tomorrow, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.