Consulting - Finance Analyst
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Perform cost analysis and cost modeling and review results developed by AAs
· Perform process improvement activities related to Finance processes and systems and review results developed by AAs
· Perform cost optimization and activity-based costing analyses and review results developed by AAs
· Participate in and organize the collection and preparation of data and information to support cost-benefit analyses and other financial studies and review results developed by AAs
· Participate in and oversee the collection, preparation and organization of data and information related to benchmarking, performance metrics, and cost efficiency client deliverables
· Assist in the collection of client cost and financial performance data for weekly / monthly and ad hoc reporting
· Execute on and deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
· Review Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst II work as needed or as directed
To qualify for this role you must have
· United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance or higher
· Ability to analyze financial and operational data sets and assist in problem solving
· Ability to work with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
· Flexibility and ability to work with a nationally distributed team
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
· Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
· Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
Ideally, you'll also have
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.