You’ll join our Vancouver Assurance team, helping to supportthe important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a driven administrative professional, you will work with our team to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability.
Your key responsibilities
As an Engagement Assistant you create and edit documents, including reports and creative presentations.As a driven administrative professional, you enjoy working in tandem with your colleagues while striving to understand and anticipate customer’s needs to exceed expectations. Your key responsibilities include:
· Producing documents with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines, as well project manage certain work requests, including customer service, proper documentation and communications
· Advanced knowledge of firm standard applications
· Thorough review of documents and templates for branding, formatting, accuracy, spelling and grammar, reconcile revisions
· Effectively utilizing styles, master pages, templates, tracking, kerning, and leading
· Creating template-driven customer deliverables with speed & accuracy
· Effectively and positively communicating and negotiating project deadlines, determining project scope and schedule changes as necessary
· Managing standardized electronic files and archiving
· Preparing files for print and digital output, linking graphics and including fonts
· Troubleshooting technical issues in text, graphic files and printing
Overtime required during peak periods
Skills and attributes for success
· Committed to contributing to a strong team culture to ensure success
· Develop and maintain relationships to efficiently leverage expertise
· Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters
· Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
· Exceptional writing and editing skills
· Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline drive
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Post secondary education and/or equivalent relevant experience
· Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
· Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Outlook, Link, etc., with proven ability to learn customized software/tools
· Experience in professional services is preferred
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers, have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.