The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Directs the strategic communications plan for EUTX by leading and managing the organization's internal/external communications activities including marketing, promotional, event, and vendor relations. Directs and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote the services and products. May conduct market or customer opinion research to assess program outcomes. Directs promotional campaign themes in various types of channels, as well as counsel’s top management on effective communication strategies. Creates customer and stakeholder communications strategies plus leads and participates in the execution of the plan. Develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the services and products. Solid knowledge of the firm business and global organizations. Typically requires 10+ years of managerial experience.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Communications and Strategy, Vision and Leadership
· Develops and implements an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness and increase adoption of technology services and products while also strengthening the brand identity across the organization.
· Proactively provides strategic direction and seeks opportunities to improve customer experience through collected information and data analytics.
· Creates opportunities for innovation in current and future directives across the organization by driving thought leadership and program themes.
· Responsibility for the maintaining relationships with local country communication and engagement teams providing communications and supporting activities to internal EY end users.
· Oversee, or execute as needed, all marketing materials/channels intended for customer consumption driving consistency
· Maintains an advanced understanding of the Firm’s business, organization and strategy sufficiently to align and anticipate customer communication needs that increase adoption and affect productivity of EY personnel.
Communications Operations and Event Management
· Prioritize marketing and branding opportunities at EY events that promote and strengthen the communication strategy.
· Serve as lead point person for communication plan ensuring consistency in messaging and branding for events, including EY Leadership and Technology Experience events.
· Manage relationship with stakeholders and any communications vendors or internal marketing organizations.
· Engage with region and country BMC resources to activate product adoption campaigns locally.
· Oversee, or develop as needed, all marketing materials/collateral intended for customer consumption driving consistency.
· Curate content branding/messaging and increase customer engagement utilizing multiple channels.
Team Development and Management
· Manages off-shore communication and engagement resources to aid in execution of communication plans.
· Promote a culture of high performance, global mindset and exceptional client service
· Mentor and develop using a supportive, inclusive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
The role requires a strong advanced analytical and creative solution orientation to align the overall communication strategy and needs of customers and to direct the team in such activities. Strong writing and editorial skills are needed for success. The role is expected to exhibit consultative questioning, creativity and critical thinking skills to understand the different services and to recommend and direct a consistent strategy that will drive adoption.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Manifests the highest communication skills to adapt communication style to the style of others, using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
· Strong communicator with excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
· Leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others.
· Thinks creatively and strategically, has excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment
· Maintains solid advanced interpersonal skills to engage, as a thought leader to senior executives of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization.
· Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of new technical communication platforms and channels.
· Manages team and projects by delegating work effectively and using appropriate resources.
· Utilizes the proper people, time and project management disciplines across a diverse culture and multiple time zones.
· Resolves team conflicts with a proven ability to implement & communicate difficult decisions as well as provide team and peer mentoring as appropriate.
· Designs and implements end user technology marketing campaigns.
The role is generally assigned staff oversight of a team and requires seasoned management skills inclusive of recommending the hiring of staff, setting objectives aligned to the firm, reviewing accomplishments, coaching for success and counselling for improvement. Assigned staff may be remote based and/or in a work from home setting that will require distance management skills across locations, cultures and time zones. The role itself is generally guided by the Service Adoption Programs Lead and Change Management Lead.
The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues.
A Bachelor's degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
Approximately 10 to 12 years of brand marketing, management and communication experience in support of IT products or related experience in client service and support.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.