ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE Graduate Scheme
The world around us is changing rapidly, transforming the way people access and consume energy and placing an increasing demand on a growing services sector. We need sustainable energy sources, smart efficient technologies and the ability to integrate these capabilities. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders who will continue to innovate across the different areas of our business.
Our award-winning schemes offer ENGIE graduates the exciting opportunity to gain insight and experience the diverse and exciting world of the UK’s largest services and energy company. Our graduate scheme is one leadership programme with multiple streams which enables you to build a network and learn who you are. Whether your focus is energy or services, commercial or finance, HR or construction, we’ll help you figure out your full potential.
Finance Graduate Scheme
ENGIE is the largest energy and services company in the UK, join our Finance team to drive changes and enable us to continue to thrive as an innovative and competitive business. You will have the chance to make an immediate impact and be supported by your dedicated and driven ENGIE colleagues.
As an ENGIE Finance graduate you'll help drive profit and shape new financial processes. You'll be a crucial part of the energy transition and contributing to our success from day one and will get the chance to work in a diverse range of our operations across the UK, all offering different challenges and an unrivalled experience to give you the best possible start to your career.
The Finance Graduate Scheme consists of four, 6-month placements over two years.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience over the duration of the scheme of:
Financial Planning and Analysis
Mergers and acquisitions
Business Development financial support
Management and Statutory accounting
Progressive levels of responsibility as experience increases
Achievement of a Finance Business Partner job role following successful completion of the programme
All of our graduates will be given the opportunity to work towards the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management. The qualification is developed for junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have, or will have, operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
Alongside this and our full graduate learning curriculum, to help your career development we will support you through your CIMA accreditations over the duration of the scheme.
You will be dealing with management issues from day one, learning from those around you and developing into a high-quality manager, working as part of a management team that leads over 17,000 colleagues in the UK.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
To us, it doesn’t matter who you are. If you share our energy, values and vision, we want to work with you.
· A genuine interest in our industry and your focus area, and a passion for delivering real change in the communities we serve
· A flexible approach to work (you will be required to relocate across the duration of your scheme)
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others at all levels
· A team focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
· Well-developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
· Previous leadership experience (either through work or through extra-curricular activities)
· Previous work experience, ideally within a relevant field
· Previous customer services experience
· A full UK driving licence
· Candidates must submit an up to date CV and a Cover Letter outlining their motivations for applying to ENGIE
· Applications missing either of these will not be progressed
· Assessment centres will be held in December 2019. Please note that despite the different streams, we will assess all candidates at the same time using the same materials to find the generation of leaders to join our graduate programme.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Sep 13, 2019