ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for 1 x Estimator in the Minor Works team to be based in Normanton providing estimates for building works on public buildings and schools.
Working full time, 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. On offer will be a competitive salary and benefits package dependant on skills and experience.
The Estimator will ensure that the services provided are to the highest quality/standard with due recognition of client and customer requirements. They will plan and prioritise work within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation. They will participate in a team approach to the allocation of duties, supporting and working effectively with colleagues to provide good working relationships within the service.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Develop a scope of works with the client,
· Develop and ensure the accuracy of prices provided to the Client, in line with the PSA Schedule of Rates
· Provide a cost-effective minor works service to service users, both internal and external
· Take responsibility for the financial accountability of minor works and specialist work, monitoring of budgets and work programmes
· Attend meetings and prepare reports to take an active role in the minor works team, working independently to offer innovative and appropriate solutions and outcomes to service users
· Liaise with employees from other service areas to co-ordinate service delivery and site activities to ensure minor works projects run on time and to budget
· Develop and specify new work, remedial work and specialist installations to enable in-house or external contractors to deliver the best solutions
· Carry out site inspections
· To carry out any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Head of Commissioning.
Qualifications and experience required:
· Qualification in estimating and costing or experience within the building industry.
· Good knowledge of the construction & building industry
· Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
· Ability to liaise and work with clients and members of the public
· Ability to travel between the depot and work locations – full clean driving is license essential
· A good understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
· A confident communicator with good customer service skills
· Ability to manage and prioritise workload
· Administration skills
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Jun 13, 2019