ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for an Estimator to be based in West Malling ME19 6QL. This is a permanent full-time role working 8:00 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday & 08:00 - 16:30 Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The Estimator's role is to establish the most accurate base cost of a tender within the allocated tender period based upon information received and developed, values typically in the region of £1,000,000 - £10,000,000. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy. Reporting to the Senior Estimator.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To consider, assess, discuss, take advice, communicate and allocate where appropriate costs on any Health and Safety issues that may be applicable or become apparent on a tender during the bid process.
· Successfully manage workload
· To ensure tender adjudications have been arranged with the correct time frame sufficient notice
· To ensure that the correct members of the operations departments and board have been notified in good time for the tender adjudication
· To organise the tender launch meeting
· To ensure tender abstracts are completed correctly and agree sub-contractors to be used for any given scheme with the operations departments
· To ensure a site visit has been organised with the respective manager(s) from the operations departments and sub-contractors and to carry out a site survey, measurements, photograph record
· To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
· To ascertain market rates prior to receipt of quotations as bench marking senses check, to price work elements from first principles where appropriate
· To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
· To attend tender adjudications and explain in detail the thinking behind established tender cost
· To provide support to Junior team members in tender adjudications if necessary
· To amend pricing element of tender documentation as agreed during the tender review and submit tender by due date and time
· To ensure that supporting tender documentation has been completed correctly and returned with priced tender documentation by due date and time, including liaising with other disciplines such as Operations and Quality/Bid writers with regard to tender submission.
· Follow up with clients to establish company’s bid evaluation and standing
· Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with all prospective clients
· To ensure a non-confrontational approach with any clients at any time
· To ensure any post tender requirements of the client are dealt with.
· To ensure discipline and professional standards are maintained
· To provide early warning / notification of any companywide issues that may occur by notification to the Estimating Manager
· To comply with the competition law compliance guidelines
· To encourage and engender the professional development of all staff
· Ensure that you are cognizant of associated risks applicable in carrying your role and that proper measures are adopted to manage, control and minimise any risks which may apply to your daily duties
· Comply with the terms and conditions detailed within the employee’s handbook
· Ensure that you understand and comply with the operating procedures of the Estimating Department
· Look to develop good working relationships with manufacturers, suppliers etc and generate new business opportunities for the company
· To ensure all post tender documentation has been completed and returned to Estimating Support
· Any other reasonable management request
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Working experience of presenting technical and complex information
· Excellent Excel Skills and good I.T. knowledge
· Full & valid UK driving licence
· Experience of Estimating and Tendering projects within the Public Sector Social Housing market
· Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and allocate priorities and reasoning to manage your workload
· Excellent focus on the tender opportunity including attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Develop leadership skills with the ability to mentor junior staff and delegate work appropriately.
The ability to work effectively and efficiently whilst under time constraints, comprehend and manage the task of producing accurate costs from data received and surveys executed. To assess potential risks apparent such as safety, practical and financial issues and communicate accordingly to Management. To conclude the exercise by producing an accurate formal tender sum whilst in competition in a competitive market.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 16, 2019