ENGIE Impact is accelerating sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments around the world.
As our clients' key point of contact for ENGIE's energy and sustainability management services, the Energy & Sustainability Strategic Advisor will combine energy efficiency and sustainability knowledge with strong client focus to engage client executives and other leaders, develop customized strategic plans, and generate the delivery of a comprehensive solution to energy and sustainability management.
The Energy & Sustainability Strategic Advisor plays two primary roles – one focused on delivering services, and the other focused on supporting sales efforts. For the delivery related work the Strategic Advisor acts as an extension of the client(s) in-house team(s) to lead a strategic planning process to help drive their energy management program towards a best practice approach in collaboration with the Client. For clients moving from the planning to the implementation phase, the Strategic Advisor plays an ongoing consultative role ensuring all the program components are serving the changing client needs, maintaining relationships with the client's executive group, and providing strategic advice for program evolution. The position is also directly responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of a high quality, error free product being produced by ENGIE team.
Lead quality & on-time delivery of ENGIE's Advising services to assigned clients. This position is accountable for working collaboratively across ENGIE departments to enhance the depth and breadth of our engagements with clients, and to develop strategic relationships with clients through effective planning processes and associated actionable deliverables.
· Act as a strategic advisor to ENGIE's clients, working with leadership and executive teams to implement a facilitated stakeholder engagement process to develop strategic energy and sustainabitliy plans customized to our client's processes, systems and needs.
· Accountable for delivery of strategic energy and sustainability program recommendations for client that are in alignment with ENGIE's relevant SMEs.
· Effectively communicate the value proposition for energy management and demand side savings, its interaction with sustainability efforts, and consult on issues ranging from individual opportunity implementation to building a lasting energy and sustainability culture within a client's organization.
· Leverage knowledge with ENGIE's portfolio of energy and sustainability services, ability to demonstrate the value of our services to clients and prospects, and identification of opportunities based on client needs and ENGIE capabilities.
· Identify opportunities for upsells to existing Clients, including responsibility for guiding the scoping of custom engagements. Responsible for supporting sales opportunities through facilitation of needs assessment dialogues and development of strategies and service packages and preparation/delivery of proposals/presentation of services to clients. Responsible to draft customized scopes of work, and assist with pricing recommendations. Through these activities and all interactions with clients, you will position ENGIE as a thought leader and trusted business partner.
· Accountable for background research on industry/client regulatory, market, and external stakeholder risks and opportunities.
· Direct responsibility for ensuring on-time delivery of a high quality, error free product being produced by yourself and other ENGIE team members as part of an overall solution.
· Play an ongoing leadership role in guiding the strategic coordination of energy and sustainability management products and services as part of a total energy and sustainability solution that best fits the clients needs.
· Direct management and resolution of client issues related to the
· delivery of services to maintain a high level of client satisfaction
· Coordinate ENGIE subject matter experts across energy, water, waste, carbon and supply chain to deliver a cohesive and integrated client experience.
· Participate in webinars addressing relevant sustainability topics
· Lead client presentations, meetings and discussions
· Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Business Sustainability, engineering or related area. Relevant Masters degree required.
· Course work in sustainable business is required, additional training in change management and /or facilitation a plus.
· Understanding of sustainability protocols, standards, and 3rd party verification programs required.
· Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred
· Prior technical sales experience preferred
· Over 7 years of experience in energy and sustainability, preferably providing strategic consulting regarding the management of energy, water, waste, carbon and supply chain issues.
· Experience in a consulting environment managing and delivering value added services is required
· Experienced in the application and interpretation of advanced financial and strategic planning techniques as well as competitive market analysis.
· Experienced in energy and water conservation and efficiency strategies as they relate to commercial and industrial markets.
· Minimum five years of successful experience leading cross-functional teams Familiarlity with consultative sales approaches
· Working knowledge of energy efficiency and building systems including HVAC and lighting
· Understanding of the basic structures of electric, gas and water rates
· Experienced in the carbon market and associated inventory protocols, offset project protocols, renewable energy credits, and climate policy.
· Strong understanding of waste diversion and reduction strategies.
· Strong understanding of supply chain management issues.Must demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to overcome challenges and achieve excellent results.
· Possess a high energy level, strong work ethic, and passion for ENGIE's mission, vision and values.
· Strong client engagement skills, including the ability to identify penetrating questions and respectfully challenge client assumptions and ideas to provide improved outcomes
· Ability to conduct emotionally intelligent conversations with client executives and demonstrate agility in such circumstances
· Ability to synthesize qualitative/quantitative data, handle ambiguity, recognize patterns and identify non-prescriptive solutions
· Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral interchange
· Ability to manage projects and peer project teams within matrixed organizations
· Balance competing priorities while maintaining a high level of integrity and accuracy
· Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
ENGIE IMPACT INFORMATION
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability consulting and services to clients across the globe. Comprised of existing ENGIE Group portfolio business that are leaders within their respective markets, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities to create a more effective, comprehensive offering for our clients – so we can take on their toughest sustainability challenges and they can see real results.
ENGIE Impact's people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the global energy industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we invite you to join ENGIE Impact.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Impact is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with ENGIE Impact: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog | Videos
· Posting Date: Jan 23, 2020