Within the Procurement division of EDF (Direction des Achats), AAI-IdF (Agence Achats Île de France) is dedicated to the procurement and commercial management activities related to the design, building and commissioning of the EPR in France in in the UK.
The purpose of this internship is to provide support to the Procurement managers on UK Project, Hinkley Point C, which is conducted by NNB (Nuclear New Build affiliated to EDF Energy). Those activities include for a number of contracts the support on the following:
For Procurement activities:
- Procurement strategy
- Invitation to Tender process management
- Contact via Portail Achats (procurement tool) between the bidders and the internal stakeholders
- Commercial negotiation
- Handover to the Commercial Manager if necessary at signature of contract
- Feedback to unsuccessful bidder(s) when needed
- PCM and CODEM papers sbmissions
- GPPS writing
For Commercial management team set-up:
- Contract Management training enrolment including IT tools
- Reporting metrics and key indicators based on current HPC methods and Flamanville 3 feedback
- Relationship with NNB for Human Resources and organisational aspects
Procurement reporting and committee management:
- For PCM : agenda preparation in liaison with prucasers and NNB, writing of the minutes based on internal notes
- For AAI IdF LoD (List of Deliverables) : day to day management, monthly extracts
- For SOC (Signature Of Contract) follow-up : coordination of the SOC tracker
- For signed contracts : archiving the data
Other tasks for generic projects or other EPR projects.
At all times, the intern must operate in accordance with EDF IMS, rules, procedures to ensure that all contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall NNB governance / assurance regime.
The Procurement and Commercial Assistant is an important role with accountability to the Procurement Manager and in accordance with delegated levels of authority.
The Procurement and Commercial Assistant will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other team members at all levels and across all the teams within DAPI and Nuclear New Build to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
The internship is based in Montrouge (92), some travels to the UK will be needed. The duration of the internship will be at least 6 months.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Either educated to degree level, or have relevant work experience with ability to demonstrate a track record of
successful procurement and contract administration.
- Experience of working as part of a team within a commercial environment.
- Good working knowledge contracts, basic estimating, valuations, cost reporting and financial modelling.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels is essential.
- Fluent level in English
- Fluent level in French
- Having a clear direction and sense of purpose.
- The ability to think laterally and tackle new areas of risk and opportunity.
- Good communicator with the ability to adapt to different audiences, including verbal, written and presentation
- Effective decision making.
- Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest – respecting confidentiality.
- Plans ahead, is able to identify important issues and works in a systematic way.
- Engaging and motivating in a team of professionals.
- Participating in a working environment of safety, autonomy and trust.