· Job Description:
DXC is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology is a $25 billion company with a 60-year legacy of delivering results for thousands of clients in more than 70 countries. Our technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions.
In a time of change, thrive with DXC Technology.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our DXC culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Security Architect
This vacancy is for an experienced Security Architect required to work on the Security Architecture and design of major projects for commercial and government customers.
We are seeking an innovative and motivated Architect who under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the necessary architecture, analysis and design tasks related to the development of enterprise security strategies, enterprise security architectures or specific security solutions to meet the customer requirements.
The Architect will be required to work on multiple client accounts and must have the ability to develop and present secure solutions to leadership and technical teams. In addition he/she will be required to lead and assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise clients of security standards, best practice and solutions to address any risk.
This is a customer facing role which requires some mobility and hence the candidate must be able to drive, and will be a mobile worker based at a DXC regional office in the UK.
Candidates must have experience in working as a team and remotely prioritizing workload to meet client’s requirements.
In addition to the above, we are looking for the following attributes:
· Strong interpersonal skills promoting customer and accreditor confidence in the consultant and in DXC;
· Ability to work in a high pressure team environment;
· Ability to pick up and understand new technology;
· Ability to present advice and guidance to senior client personnel and delivery teams using the Microsoft suite of products.
· Holds SC clearance, or is willing to go through the SC or DV clearance process;
Play a lead role in the delivery of consultancy services for DXC Security Services, maintaining quality and customer satisfaction. This is a mobile role, typically:
· Architect solutions and technically lead their implementation at customer locations;
· Embedded within the Architecture/CT team of DXC Accounts to develop/maintain Security Strategy/Architecture/Solutions, either co-located with the account team or working remotely, dependent upon the requirements and working practices of the account;
· Working closely with Customer’s Architecture Team to develop Security Strategy/Architecture/Solutions, either at customer location or remotely dependent upon the customer’s requirements and preferred working practices;
· Architect solutions and technically lead security projects, ensuring that the customer’s security requirements are met;
· Provide assistance and support on architectural/technical issues to sales and other team members as required to achieve overall benefits for the delivery of services to the customer and company as a whole. Share technical knowledge and experiences;
· Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the DXC Portfolio of Security Products and Services;
· Promote the DXC Portfolio of Security Products and Services with the customer, positioning best fit solutions that meet/enhance their Security Strategy and reduce risk;
· Gain and maintain a high level knowledge of the Security Aspects of the general DXC Portfolio Products/Service;
· Continually review and enhance existing knowledge of the security aspects of common product sets and technologies;
· To provide ‘soft’ consultancy skills and a proactive approach to gain the absolute trust of our customers;
· Support consultancy team personnel;
· Participate in providing mentoring support and guidance to team members to help grow skills and capabilities;
Skills & Experience:
The following skills and experience are essential:
· Information Security Consultancy;
· Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in, IT security;
· Security Architectural and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF);
· Developing and implementing Enterprise Security Strategy;
· Experience of designing and implementing Security Solutions through to operation, experience of multi-supplier/multi-platform environments;
· Experience in working with clients to capture requirements and formulate solutions;
· A high level knowledge of all key areas of Information Security Technology and an ability to apply them appropriately;
· Delivering Security Architectures/Strategies as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture;
· Interpreting and applying appropriate Standards, Policies and Legislation, e.g. PCI DSS, COBIT, SOX, DPA, HMG SPF, JSP 440, CESG IA Portfolio, ISO27001,etc;
· Understanding of Threat and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
· Appreciation of trends in IT security.
· The ability to present to senior client personnel.
· Experienced in Solutioning and bid work.
· Experience of working client side.
· Experience with Cloud development and security requirements
Understands the importance of total customer care and is able to demonstrate the ability to build longer-term business relationships. Has the ability to manage the customer's expectations in addition to ensuring that a high level of service is delivered.
Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, influencing the customer to achieve a desirable outcome.
Comes across open, clear and assertive, although able to build effective long-term relationships.
Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the organisation and plays an active part in the achievement of shared solutions and results. Leadership of assigned team members to ensure any work done is performed to defined standards.
Critically evaluates all available options and effectively executes conclusion to achieve desired result, working either independently or as part of a wider team.
Self Motivated and Resilient:
Demonstrates a high level of energy, enthusiasm and tenacity to achieve a positive result. Is a self-starter, overcomes obstacles and is driven to succeed. Works well under pressure and deadlines.
Planning & Organisation:
Applies a resourceful approach to work, using time management skills and prioritising a complex workload. Structured and methodical, yet additionally able to adapt style to maximise the achievement of a positive result.
Two or more of the following certifications/qualifications would be preferred.
· CESG Certified Professional (CCP) IA Architect at Senior Level
· CCP Security Information Risk Advisor (SIRA) at Senior Level
· Minimum of 5 years industry or HMG security experience.
· MSc in IT Security or related subject or relevant industry experience
· M.Inst.ISP or other professional body
· ITAC Level 1/2/3
· ISO 27001