· Job Description:
Applies subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Utilize consulting skills including questioning, listening, ideas development, personal rapport and subject matter familiarity to accomplish project tasks. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, and integrating of Architect solutions into varied environments.
· Assist the program manager/project manager in envisioning, effort estimation, and resource planning and risk management in projects.
· Assist the project manager in project planning and in defining project activities.
· Develop architecture that meets the customer’s business needs and create architectural deliverables.
· Perform technology trend analysis and understand the technology trends of the customer and the market.
· Establish and articulate the advantages of keeping /bringing the customer’s IT solutions to HPE standards and identify the resulting project opportunities.
· Provide technical guidance/directions for and take ownership of all relevant projects within the program.
· Work with integration engineers to design and document best practice solutions ensuring predictability, reliability and quality of new solutions.
· Responsible for client/account interactions as required
· Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
· Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
· Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
· Responsible for design and engineering of Architect Based Infrastructure solutions based on DXC Offering standards.
· Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
· Responsible for design, development, implementation of solutions using standard methodology
· Leadership skills
· Deep level knowledge on most of the relevant technologies and products
· Design and architecting skills
· Strong probing and articulation skills
· Abreast in new/emerging technologies
Education and Experience Required
· Graduate in Engineering with minimum of 8 years of experience or Minimum of 15 years of regular fulltime education with relevant experience.
· Minimum relevant experience: 10
· Open CA / TOGAF Certification or any equivalent industry accreditation – (added advantage).
· In depth knowledge in Storage and Backup technologies catering Enterprise and Mid-Range segments. Preferably ( EMC, HPE, Pure, Veritas products ).
· Demonstrates understanding of industry wide Architecture technologies and terminology and can discuss with authority.
· Project and Service Management methodologies, techniques. Ability to absorb large amounts of information, organize, introduce structure and summarize details
· Understanding the client requirements, solution definition, utilizing subject matter/sector experts and drawing on own experience and knowledge to meet the client’s requirement
· Compute Infrastructure design for Systems and Storage Infrastructure. Exposure to virtualization at hardware / software levels, Cloud Computing etc would be an added advantage.
· Knowledge in Enterprise Management System design
· Has experience of designing and engineering solutions in a distributed infrastructure environment (e.g. Storage Area Networks, Backup Network and Virtualization Technologies).
· Awareness of ITIL and/or CMM practices and processes.
· Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
· Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
· Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
· Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
· Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
· Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to conduct/lead status/technical meetings with management or clients on small to medium sized engagements.
· Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
· Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
· Requirements Management
· Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with the customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate.
· From the requirements, able to develop a high-level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver.
· Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
· Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form appropriate for varying target audiences.
· Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP/RFQ questions).
· Owns and contributes to the technical design of customer solutions.
· Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /orreports/documentationfor delivery to tech lead/project manager.
· Ability to interact with clients and co-suppliers in clear and concise language.
· Problem Resolution
· Ability to logically approach a problem from definition through resolution.
· Ability to define a root cause analysis of an issue and explain causals, contributors and resolutions to clients and other team members
Non-technical Skills and Experiences:
Prerequisites: (applicant must meet all to qualify.)
· Demonstrates strong English communication skills (written and oral)
· Has strong technical project leadership capabilities and be able to deal with complex issues with customers and vendors.
· Prior experience with application or infrastructure development projects
· Ability to manage projects within scope of responsibility.
· Ability to work flexible (8) hour shift
· Ability to interact with customers regarding business and technical information
· Demonstrates strong team building skills - ability to work as a team (PM, Delivery, Client & Engineering)
· Strong estimation skills
· Demonstrate strong initiative to learn with minimal direction
· Keeps people informed through the use of appropriate methods and media
· Shares relevant or useful information in a timely manner
Additional skills desired:
· Blade and Enclosure Technology
· Knowledge on Cloud stacks such as AWS/Azure etc.
· Virtualization Technology including migrations (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
· Experience/Knowledge on Windows, UNIX, Linux
· Solid skills in using MS Project, MS Office and SharePoint Knowledge