· Job Description:
Based in Adelaide you will be working as part of the Remote Services team and in line with strict service level agreements, provide customers with a 2nd level remote desktop support service. Our dedicated team is seeking a talented and motivated individual who excels with a customer-facing role and who will be responsible for ensuring the customer’s needs are satisfied for all their desktop technology requirements, from the device’s operating system, applications and their hardware device choices.
Offering a flexible work environment & access to a range of technologies within our organisation, this role will suit an early to mid-career technician looking for a step into a technical role, with potential for growth into other technical positions in the future.
Your expertise will be highly valued and offers the opportunity to share your knowledge within a digital workplace.
Overall Purpose of the Role
· Working as part of the Remote Services team and in line with strict service level agreements, provide customers with a 2nd level remote desktop support service. This includes support for operating system, standard operating environment applications and customer-specific applications on all desktop, notebook & end-user devices.
· Uphold and contribute to the DXC CLEAR value principles
· Manage workload and ensure assignments are completed on time and within target completion dates to meet formal service level agreements.
· Keep clients informed at all times as to progress of assigned tickets, setting realistic expectations with regards to completion dates and status updates in a professional, concise and informative manner.
· Take ownership by identifying, escalating and resolving issues appropriately, preferably to completion.
· Comply with Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change, Configuration and Knowledge management processes.
· Assists customers with knowledge in the operation and maintenance of systems & equipment which includes providing appropriate advice.
· Work environment is a shared office space, additionally may require weekend work, shift work, or willingness to travel, eg to customer or other DXC sites
· Comply with DXC policies and procedures which includes but not limited to legislative work health and safety [WHS] legislation
Personal Skills & Abilities
· Good interpersonal skills to work with customers, colleagues, and other internal personnel including 3rd parties
· Good communication skills, including face-to-face, email, and telephone
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Technical Skills & Experience
· Ability to diagnose and resolve hardware, software and equipment problems remotely as 2nd level support.
· Demonstrable skills and experience in the installation, configuration and remote support of desktops, notebooks and thin clients.
· Demonstrable skills and experience in supporting MS Windows operating systems including versions 7, 8, 8.1 & 10.
· Demonstrable skills and experience in supporting MS Office applications, including versions 2010, 2013, 2016 & O365.
· Demonstrable skills and experience in the installation, configuration and remote support of 3rd-party applications on client devices.
· Understanding of the ITIL framework.
· Experience working with enterprise toolsets for remote management of devices, including service management tools, SCCM, Workspace One/AirWatch
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols & services ie: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
· Basic understanding of MS Windows & other server infrastructure environments.
· Awareness of future trends in digital technologies including cloud, virtualisation, digitization
· Applicant must hold, or be eligible to obtain a National Police Check
· Applicant may hold, or be eligible to obtain Department of Human Services Working with Children & Aged Care Checks
· Be an Australian citizen residing in Australia, or in the process of obtaining citizenship – please note that this role is based in Adelaide
· Possession of Baseline or Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) Federal Security Clearance would be advantageous
Trust, Transform & Thrivewith a company whose mission is to lead clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier, enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by today's rapidly changing technologies.
If you are a self-starter with a strong customer focus and a results oriented approach complimented by your strong verbal and written communication skills, we would like to hear from you.