At Danone, we are a purpose-driven organization. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible. Simply put, we believe in contributing to a healthier world! With initiatives around sustainability and transparency - we are aligning our corporate mission to a greater sense of responsibility and purpose.
2020 Summer Engineering Internship: West Jordan, Utah
Supports engineering projects through each phase of the project life cycle. This intern will assist in developing specifications, scope, schedule, budgets, and vendor selection criteria for new projects and will complete at least one project from the initiation through closure phase. Additionally, this person will support active processing, packaging, and utility projects.
· Provide leadership, direction, and development for operators and contractors working on projects
· Be the primary contact for project related activities assigned to him/her
· Work with counterparts, managers, and operators to drive improvements across business functions
· Seek out project opportunities which contribute to the safety, well-being, and efficiency of employees and Danone North America
· Manage multiple budgets and project timelines, adjusting to unexpected changes in scope and schedule
· Lead and Participate in continuous improvement efforts
· Work non-standard hours if required for project startup
· Seek out support from leadership, subject matter experts, and hourly employees to assist in project delivery; share results with those stakeholders
· Report previous week's progress and following week's plan on a weekly basis
· Meet obligations and report barriers to success
The ideal candidate will have:
· Ability to operate in a team environment and adapt in a changing work environment
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a proven ability to handle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization at all levels, including vendors, contractors, janitorial, hourly, management, and executive staff
· Ability to follow direction and work independently, while still recognizing when assistance is required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong math, computer and logic skills
· Well defined process for managing and monitoring tasks
· Foresight, specifically the ability to manage project risks and threats before they impact projects
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.