Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Acquisitions are a key part of Cisco's holistic approach to innovation: “Build, buy, partner, invest and co-develop.”
As a member of the Commercial Finance Ops team, you will be Commercial Finance lead for multiple acquisitions from the initial announcement to full integration into Cisco's quoting and ordering process. This is a highly visible role and it will place you on the forefront of transforming Cisco's vision as you integrate acquired companies into Cisco's deal management processes, policy, and systems.
- Drive discussions and provide subject matter expertise to acquisition teams on Cisco's deal management policies, processes, and tools.
- Define interim processes for deals in flight, joint Cisco-acquisition deals, and contract review during interim state prior to full integration.
- Review & approve non-standard deals on Acquisition paper during interim period.
- Define final state processes after full integration.
- Enable Commercial Finance teams globally through training and communication. Participate in initiatives from other Acquisitions tracks in order to improve the overall acquisition integration process.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will collaborate with Cisco teams in Finance, IT, Business Units, and Legal to ensure new acquisition processes align to Cisco policy. Also closely work with Acquired companies to provide subject matter expertise on Cisco process and policies. You will work with Commercial Finance teams globally to ensure that they are trained and knowledgeable as acquisition companies are on boarded. You will gain in depth knowledge of new business models and offerings as you align acquisition business needs with Cisco's deal management policy and processes.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a highly motivated, collaborative, influential, team player who is able to lead multiple acquisitions from the initial announcement to full integration into Cisco's quoting and ordering process. You are able to drive discussions, work closely with your partners and love what you do!
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- BS degree in accounting, finance or business with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Self-starter and fast learner, with the ability to learn and understand new business models/ processes/systems.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial Finance / MDM experience is desired.
- Project management and experience working with acquisitions is a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco