ETL Automation Tester
CGI has an immediate need for an ETL Automation Tester to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
This project entails key participation in application analysis, test strategy development, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting in data warehouse applications.
In this project, you will act as a key participant in application analysis, test strategy development, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting in data warehouse applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Hands on experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of Solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL
• Experience in writing test cases, creating test scenarios, executing tests scripts and analyzing test results – test strategy and execution
• Expertise with system testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Backend testing and regression testing and User acceptance testing with different testing tools.
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
• Good communication, analytical and logical reasoning skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 6+ yrs IT Industry experience
• Experience in testing ETL based applications, is a must have
• Strong skills in SQL, Oracle, MS-Access
• Strong Unix Skills
• Strong data analytical skills
• Experience in testing data warehouse applications is a must have
• Having some level test automation experience is a must
• Knowledge of test processes and methodologies
• Experience with testing tools like Quality Center
• Exposure to multiple SDLC models like Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile models
• Experience in working with agile execution is a must have
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
1) Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
2) Post-graduate degree desired
• Experience in developing test cases using automation tools like Cucumber and Ruby is a nice to have
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.