Enterprise Cloud Architect
CGI is looking for a talented, driven, and experienced Enterprise Cloud Architect with a passion for solving problems to join our team in Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate will be experienced in design, development, and delivery of large scale solutions using a modern DevOps approach on the AWS and Azure cloud platforms. At CGI, you'll do more than just sling code, you will solve challenging business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You’ll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a world class consulting firm that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Lead on-site and remote team members in custom software development projects, assigning tasks, meeting with clients, and working with the Project Manager to ensure quality and on-time delivery
• Conduct research and analysis to help teams with the selections of the appropriate technology stack
• Mentor new and junior team members
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Solve challenging business and technical problems to meet client needs
• Design and implement multi-tier software using the latest technologies
• Be part of a fast-paced team providing leading IT solutions to local enterprise clients
• Participate in and lead solution design and architecture reviews
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 6 years of experience developing enterprise, full lifecycle solutions
• Experience delivering high performance geographically distributed solutions on the AWS and Azure cloud platforms
• Experience designing, implementing, and scaling an elastic, multi-location microservices based architecture including monitoring and support
• Experience working with Docker containers and associated tools such as Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), etc.
• Experience working in a modern DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach, including a full Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline to include automated testing leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline, Azure DevOps Services, etc.
• Experience working in a variety of database engines such as traditional relational database (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server), non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J) and cloud based databases (e.g. AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB)
• Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, analyze requests, recommend solid technical solutions, and lead in delivering the solution
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and relentless attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of common enterprise security practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts (SME)
• Must be able to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once
• Experience in establishing new proceses
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or related field
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Azure Data Lake