CGI is a leading business and technology services company with 68,000 professionals working in 40 countries. We have the presence, expertise and complete IT services to meet clients’ business needs anywhere, anytime and to offer our professionals challenging and rewarding careers.
Your future duties and responsibilities
CGI Space Italy Space team is expanding and requires an DevOps Engineer for Earth Observation projects, generally involving the utilisation of satellite data. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Help us to integrate state of the art cloud technologies in our roadmap and implementation, in topics like configuration management, monitoring, logging and with a strong focus on open source technologies
• Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver Services
• Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
• Minimize all manual or repetitive work through automation
• Take an important part in troubleshooting of our IT-Systems
• Have a significant role in the improvement and further development of production environments
• Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
•Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc
• Strong background in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet or SaltStack
• Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Ability to code and script in Bash, Ruby and/or Python.
• Experience with systems and IT operations
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Data management skills
• A strong focus on business outcomes
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• 2 years of hands-on experience with databases and search engines including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Working knowledge of English
• Experience in design and deployment of system architecture with broad understanding of the components of Hadoop and Hadoop-ecosystem architecture
• Supported design, deployment and maintenance of Kubernetes Infrastructure (e.g. Kubespray, Ingress controllers, Prometheus, Control Plane Meshes)
• Backend development experience to contribute to the development activities
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.