Head of Americas Enterprise Architecture
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
IT Architecture Americas is a transversal team responsible for ensuring the global alignment to the end-to-end control framework over IT decisions, process, and approvals for the Americas region. This team works as an extension to the Global CIB Architecture team with coordination and support from an array of architects and solution designers from various business lines (Global Markets, Corporate Banking, ALMT, BP2S, etc)
Americas Enterprise Architecture coverage consist of
· Functional Area : CIB, IHC, BP2S, IFS (WM & AM), Risk, ALMT, Finance and Compliance
Geographical : Canada, USA, LATAM (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia)
Responsible for the CIB Architecture Process & Governance team for the Americas region in collaboration and functionally reporting to Central Architecture team in Paris
· Primary operators of the CIB Architecture Governance Process with the coordination of all Architecture Committees (ITVC) across CIB regionally from initiation to action closure
· Operate the Ideation to Production Process and Coordination regionally (Pocs) in collaboration with Global counterparts and teams
· Contribute to Global Process and Governance procedure review, alignment and amendments, as appropriate, together with Central CIB Architecture team
· Owners of the regional CIB Architecture repositories related to ITVCs Catalogue (documents, minutes, actions) and Digital POC Register (Risk Reviews, approval)
· Prepare and conduct Training related to Architecture Process, Governance and Information sharing
Accountable for supporting IT & Business Functions and execution of the Architecture communications plan
· Contribute to the promotion of architecture requirements for projects to ensure their compliance with the CIB and BNPP Group Standards
· Dedicated support for IT Project Managers and Project / Domains EA
· Manage and prepare materials for presentation at Investment Committees & Regional OpCos
· Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the Americas Enterprise Architecture budget and workload management and optimization of processes
· Actively monitor and report on regional project portfolio and Architecture engagements for planning, risk awareness and prioritization
· Guidance to the Project Managers for the coordination and the execution of the IT Due Diligence (key contacts, thresholds, SDLC, ITVC, CGP, Readiness, etc) for projects and POCs
· Provide Architecture feedback prior to Invest Co
· Project Portfolio of individual métiers for planning resources allocation for architecture engagement and support
· Technical and Functional Enterprise architecture teams concerns, risks, priorities related to Enterprise architecture
· Global roadmap and progress on Global Architecture Engagements
· New policies, procedures, norms and changes to compliancy at Global Level
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree from accredited university
· Minimum of 10+ years of experience in IT including 5 to 8 years of experience as EA or Project / Program manager
· Strong understanding and respect the rules and principles of the EA (Enterprise Architecture)
· Experience of one or more architecture tools and methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
· Prioritization of tasks / organization and ability to multi-task
· Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
· Ability to understand and summarize complex and/or technical / functional issues
· Ability to think and work at both a low level of detail and a high level of abstraction, with an understanding of the interactions and benefits of each.
· Highly developed written communication and presentation skills both in document production and development of architecture models
· Ability to understanding complex technology and strategy concepts and how these will influence proposed solutions to effectively evaluate technology risks, controls and benefits
· Good understanding of IT Risk management practices encompassing compliance, legal, procurement, production support, security, business continuity and vendor management.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge and strong understanding of the Eagle methodology and ITVC process
· Knowledge of the BNP Paribas group and Americas organization and management
· Experience with one of the big four consulting firms or equivalent in similar engagements
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.