Job Field: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Central, SC, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1903273
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Utility Technician – 1903273 – Central, SC
To operate all utility operations (steam boilers, air compressors, chillers, cooling tower, Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), Water Filtration plant, etc.).
• Collect and test water samples in Boiler Room, R-building, WWTP and Water Filtration plant. Add chemicals to boiler feed water, water filtration system, WWTP, Cooling tower water and chilled water as indicated by water samples.
• Monitor and record data for the operation of the steam generating equipment, the compressed air systems, the refrigeration equipment systems, the water filtration plant and the WWTP. Daily and shift inspections required.
• Start, stop and switch equipment as needed for production and maintenance. Lockout equipment for maintenance, as required.
• Clean equipment, clarifiers, digesters and filters in all areas of Utilities. Good housekeeping practices are expected.
• Assist in training new utility operators.
• Have and maintain wastewater certification by the State of South Carolina
• Understand how to use PPE to perform all necessary job functions within the process
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High school diploma or GED
• 3 years of utility operations experience
• D-Level Wastewater Certification
• DCS experience
• MS Office experience
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ('EEO') and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.