This role will support the integration of sector, industry, and company level ESG assessments into our public market corporate credit and equity investment strategies.
It will do so by providing sector, industry and company level research and investment analysis that will feed into a range of investment strategies as well as contributing to specific ESG funds. It will also support our company engagement programme by liaising with company management teams on key ESG performance issues.
· Cover a sector and a list of companies.
· Produce written research at the sector, industry, and company level and represent that research and related ESG developments in a variety of forums including but not limited to; sector review meetings, portfolio roundtables, risk review meetings, company management meetings.
· Collaborate with ESG thematic analysts to identify key developments impacting the applicable sector and how corporate behaviour within that sector impacts various ESG themes.
· Collaborate with investment analysts and fund managers to integrate ESG into their investment processes.
· Support background research on ESG topics for position papers, thought pieces and a range of other internal and external stakeholders.
· Substitute for senior members of the Responsible Investment team at short notice as part of risk mitigation and improving our business resilience
· Direct experience or awareness of responsible investment or associated fields
· Experience publishing internal research
· Expertise in the area of ESG metrics and disclosure would be advantageous
· Credible with investment teams from day one
· Knowledge of the asset management industry and interrelationships with stakeholders within the capital market ecosystem
· A deep interest in how existing and emerging ESG considerations can impact investment performance
· Experience in a credit or equity analyst role preferred
· CFA designation strongly preferred
· University degree
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.