Amazon Business (https://business.amazon.com) launched in 2015 to meet the business purchasing needs of commercial, government, education and non-profit customers of all sizes worldwide. Today, Amazon Business is loved by diverse customers in 9 countries worldwide (and growing), ranging from the largest companies in the world such as General Electric to sole proprietors, using experiences designed for desktop, mobile, to smart shelves. Business buy more than $1 trillion of products each year, ranging from staples to DNA sequencers, in the US alone. By 2018, Amazon Business had already reached $10 billion in sales and remains one of Amazon’s fastest growing segments. And we’re just getting started.
The Amazon Business Payments team is seeking an experienced UX Designer for it's Seattle studio who can set a new standard for creatively solving complex problems for organizations of all sizes across the world and who can play a vital role in driving the future of a world-class business experience.
We are focused on building solutions that enable B2B customers to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
To succeed in this role, you must be an experienced designer with exceptional systems thinking and a passionate advocate for the customer, always looking to invent and simplify on their behalf. You must think big and build a solution that can scale to meet the global needs of thousands of customers. You must earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow through working with technology teams across Amazon. And you must dive deep into the technical and experience details to ensure we exceed the high expectations of our customers every day.
· Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
· Work closely with the business team to develop user scenarios, storyboards, and high-level requirements.
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for on-device software applications for a variety of screen sizes and interaction models
· Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications · Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Understanding of Business Payments
· Demonstrated Capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
· Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
· Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
· Retail and eCommerce design experience
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
· 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer or similar role.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite and Framer
We are open to hiring this role to sit long-term in Austin, Seattle or Denver. Initial relocation would not be required; that date would be determined by Amazon's future return-to-office date.