D1/XCM Japan is looking for a UX Designer who is capable of defining UX/CX problems, designing customer-centric experience, and delivering high quality results.
D1/XCM is the Amazon's internal creative and advertising team, setting creative and brand direction for Amazon's global online retail websites and mass advertising. Our mission is to create customer centric experience including efficient advertising, user friendly experience, beautiful visual experience and communications across multiple platforms and channels.
This role is a great opportunity to work with various Amazon business teams and have your design to be used daily by the millions of customers. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver, self-learner and self-starter who looks around corner to identify customers problems and needs, proactively initiates the design process, delivers customer-centric design, influence stakeholders and impact on customer experiences at Amazon Japan. You have mastery on UX design principles in a combination of user interface design, information architecture and/or visual design. You are an advocate for customers and their best interests of shopping and engaging with Amazon. You are greatly independent yet a team player who interact with cross-functional stakeholders. You are a good communicator not only speaking with UX design expertise but also being able to influence others by speaking with their language.
· Understand business objective, analyze customer behaviors, identify UX problems and/or unmet customer needs and create simple, intuitive, best-in-class experience in a fast-faced and collaborative environment.
· Scope and manage your own design initiatives, required UX design tasks, estimated time and resource within the creative process.
· Create conceptual customer journey, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design frameworks and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Conduct light user research to understand customers' need and behavior for the given UX challenges.
· Research and Evaluate usability and accessibility of the pages, features and products and Propose the best solution for given problem.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, technology and business.
· Deliver high quality design products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
· Present to business, design, and senior leadership and support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
· Proactively and Independently seek for new opportunities to expand UX design project scope within and beyond the D1/XCM organization and pitch the new opportunities to D1 leadership and other business teams.
Ideal candidate profile
*Please submit your English resume along with your online portfolio to apply for this role.
· 5+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field.
· Portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to create customer experiences across a range of touch-points, to design an end-to-end experience and to design experience for a complete product.
· Experiences design for cross-platform.
· Experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex customer-facing digital features and products.
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from designers, product management, engineering, research and marketing.
· Ability to manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize your own work.
· Ability to independently define your scope of role and develop further by self-learning and self-initiating.
· Experience presenting to mid-level management or higher; able to comfortably and confidently present to cross-functional partners in both written and verbal communication.
· Proficiency in design and prototype softwares such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Flinto, Framer etc.
· Fluent in English (written and verbal) and Business level in Japanese.