The Transportation & Recipient Experience Design Studio (TRX) is a multidisciplinary team in Amazon Operations. Teams of designers, design technologists, writers, researchers, and producers work collaboratively in our studios to create next generation transportation experiences.
We are seeking a passionate User Experience Designer to join our team. You will be transforming how customers track and manage their deliveries through Amazon's ever-expanding shipping capabilities. You will have a significant opportunity to establish our product vision and impact customer experience. It will be a fast-paced but data-driven environment, informed by research and testing, and will have a significant impact across a variety of businesses within Amazon.
As the UX Designer, you will work with your team to gather insights about customers, and apply your expert information architecture and interaction design skills to the needs and problems you uncover. You will work through numerous ideas, dreaming big and moving fast. You will work collaboratively with designers, design technologists, researchers, product managers, developers, and executives--leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of platforms.
· Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person-to-person interactions.
· Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
· Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
· Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
· Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
· Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
· Contribute to the group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
· Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop.
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 5+ years equivalent professional experience.
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote.