Amazon's Worldwide Returns & Recovery is developing best in class Product Support Options making it easy for customers to get the most out of their purchases and if they do return an item making the process as simple, transparent, and convenient as possible. Additionally, we maximize reuse and recovery to achieve Zero Product Waste keeping as much returned product out of landfill as possible. We're looking for a talented and passionate User Experience Designer to help design both customer-facing and internal system interfaces. Our team is a growing band of innovators, disruptors, and problem solvers. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that help people and the planet, join our team.
The ideal candidate has experience in both operations software interfaces and consumer-facing UX design, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers.
You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, operations and developers. Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the business and tech teams. Additionally, you must be able to work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the customer experience as a whole.
• Leverage market research, customer insights and user analytics to drive why, how, and what we design for our end customers.
• Showcase simple design solutions for complex problems using UI models, conceptual diagrams, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, visual mockups, and simple prototypes.
• Build and maintain a design language system with UX principles, interaction patterns, UI components, and functional specifications for internal and third party developers
• Manage the design process by setting people's expectations, driving decisions, and tracking issues.
• Articulate design work and rationale to teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback
• Collaborate with Design, Program, and Engineering teams from design concept to design solution, UX guidelines, asset production, and bug fixes to ensure quality all the way to market.
Ideal candidate profile
• 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or similar role.
• Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
• Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
• Demonstrated bias for action and an ability to deal with ambiguity·
• Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners