Amazon's JP Payment Products team is looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused UX designer to drive engaging user experiences and push the limits of what customers expect from a modern credit, lending and gifting solutions. You are a designer with 5+ years of experience working on real products that people use every day. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presenting–and defending–your ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders.
You understand the value of user testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Above all you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration. You will work with other members of the design and product teams to create experiences that are engaging, useful, and solution oriented. You will use market analysis, customer feedback, data analytics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to the customer in order to best solve their problems.
You will be responsible for developing your ideas from concept to completion, presenting them to stakeholders for approval, and working directly with developers to bring them to life. We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best in class experiences for our customers. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people's lives.
Ideal candidate profile
· A stellar portfolio of work demonstrating mastery in creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
· Strong communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas
· Self-starter with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges preferred
· Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software (Axure, InVision, FramerJS, Flinto)
· Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
· Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice
· Proven ability to work within a cross-team environment
· Strong ability to synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering