Lead UX Designer (UX Designer II), Alexa.com
Alexa.com is a subsidiary of Amazon.com serving millions of users worldwide and building the next generation of marketing analytics services. Our mission is to be most invaluable and trusted source of ground-breaking insights into digital behavior that customers use to win their audience and accelerate growth. For more information, visit www.alexa.com.
This is an opportunity for an experienced designer to succeed in a role that will reward them with increasing degrees of ownership, autonomy and compensation (signing bonus + Amazon.com stock grants). For a top-performing employee, the door will be opened to the vast array of endeavors within Amazon.com with massive career growth potential.
For the role of Lead UX Designer, you will be tasked to utilize a broad set of design skills to take projects from concept to end-of-life. We are looking for talented individuals who are obsessed with customers, innately curious and possess a natural inclination to lead design efforts. Qualified candidates will be highly effective at combining intuitive interfaces with compelling visualization of data that will help us tell an actionable story to our customers. For the designer who is ready to apply themselves beyond the confines of an individual contributor role, the opportunity exists to own large segments of the service portfolio and set new standards of quality in customer experience.
Core responsibilities include:
· Owns and leads the product design process from defining requirements, creating wireframes of user flows, and testing prototypes on actual users.
· Contributes to the product discovery process, assists in validating core product ideas
· Creates necessary design assets to specify requirements to the development team
· Effectively designs interactions within the product, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, greenfield experiences
· Supports the product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to prepare designs for development
· Applies an understanding of user analytics and KPIs to monitor the product's performance and guide product evolution
· Performs user research and customer discovery, such as interviews, observation sessions, and user tests, and then synthesizes and shares their research to stakeholders
· Communicates product design concepts and supporting information to product stakeholders
· Collaborates and critiques with fellow designers to ensure that the very best work possible is being released into the market
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· BFA/MFA in Design, or equivalent experience, with a focus on UX or Interaction Design.
· 2-6 years of experience designing software or web applications
· Demonstrated expertise in either user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, or data visualization.
· A portfolio of UX design projects written in a case study format; that contain clear articulation of business objectves, technology constraints, customer problems, project challengings, the design process, and the path to a successful design that was measured by quantifiable results.
· Experience as a leading contributor to design projects: establishing the vision, adhering to a design process, brainstorming and managing execution
· Proficiency in design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.