Design that delivers smiles
We're the Recipient Experience Design (REX) team for Amazon Worldwide Operations. Our work powers shopping, transportation, and delivery, and is used by virtually every Amazon shopper, billions of times per year. We're looking for design leaders ready to bring radical thinking to the real world at immense scale.
About the team
Recipient Experience design is focused on solving customer problems at the core of Amazon's e-commerce operations. This includes:
· Customer delivery experiences: how might we give customers the clearest and most flexible delivery tracking and control? Our experiences are the face of Amazon's ever-evolving transportation capabilities. We are continually improving and re-inventing the shipping experience used by every program at Amazon.
· Post-purchase engagement: how might we help customers get the most out of what they have purchased on Amazon? We are the stewards for our customers' order history, and are re-inventing what the idea of "ownership" means for Amazon customers.
· Address intelligence: how might we ensure that any customer in any location has a great delivery experience? We are create innovations for customers and our logistics operators to ensure that every delivery we make is successful.
Recent innovations from our team include map tracking, photo on delivery, and apps for our logistics operators. These are just the beginning.
In REX we work on both big-vision and fast-execution projects—getting stuff done in the short term while figuring out the next big thing. At our scale, even small improvements can have massive impact. Many of our projects move beyond the digital space to bridge physical processes as well. We are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are digital interfaces. This is one of the key differentiators for REX within Amazon.
How we work: leading with vision
1. We invent via collaborative brainstorming sessions and data
2. We prototype and simulate experiences with customers
3. We socialize vision upward and outward
4. We document the experience and support our tech teams
5. We launch and celebrate the big impact we create
Ideal candidate profile
· 8+ years as a user experience designer, interaction designerer, or similar role for web applications, services, and/or digital products.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple organizations and drive alignment
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of customer experiences
· Experience with best practices for information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Principle, Framer JS, Flinto, Illustrator, Adobe XD
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides