The Amazon Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is looking for a highly motivated Design Technologist to help define and advance products and experiences delivered as part of Amazon's Device and Services vision. You will be part of a small and nimble team dedicated to proving, advancing and evolving UX concepts through a range of prototypes and hands-on product work.
You will work quickly, choosing the right technology for the task at hand, to flesh out design concepts (interaction, visual and motion). Your work will be used to demonstrate and evaluate UX concepts and be a reference for engineering partners. You will be asked to cleverly hack your way around platform limitations, tinker with concepts, think creatively in code and deliver quickly, iteratively and collaboratively within a design studio environment.
Are you a maker, tinkerer or hacker who is passionate about consumer electronics? Are you a digital craftsperson who loves bringing concepts to life through working code? Are you primed to make an impact on millions of consumers? If so, you're someone we want to talk to.
· Build high-quality, functional prototypes that convey, prove, and advance the vision of future products and applications
· Collaborate with design leadership and key stakeholders from concept through shipping
· Work with designers, product managers, management, internal business partners and other subject matter experts
· Participate in the full lifecycle of product development; including ideation, design, development, implementation and validation
· Advance design thinking through your knowledge of platform capabilities and limitations as you support your design team and work with partner engineering teams
· Work quickly with minimal documentation and technical support
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer or web technologist role, preferably within a UI design team
· Experience and passion for developing visually polished, engaging and highly fluid user interfaces
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating expertise creating front-end solutions
· Strong creative and conceptual thinker
· Strong attention to detail and organization skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Great customer focus
· Unwavering commitment to quality