Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. Our team is a growing band of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers. Our design operations team is responsible for making our teams run efficiently. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated and ownership-minded UX Producer to be a force-multiplier for our UX Design & Research team, amplifying our efforts and impact. The person in this role serves as the first point of contact for UX planning/roadmapping and vision-setting. The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, high judgment, the ability to influence, and exceptional organization and communication skills.
UX Producers provide program management leadership and operational support throughout our design organization and across partner teams by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining the design process, and driving design excellence. You will coordinate the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers. In this role, you'll combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the designs of products that are used by billions of users. You'll work cross-functionally and collaborate with managers, designers and engineering teams to plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, and help projects meet deadlines. You will also manage communications to team members, executives and other stakeholders. You are a master planner and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple projects in a creative design environment.
· Drive the UX review process for all service launches
· Define internal planning methodologies and approach guidelines; facilitate adoption across multiple project teams
· Set and communicate the UX and experience roadmap, defining top-level milestones, influencing partner teams' priorities. Working with Design Managers, Product Managers, and Development Managers to define priorities and scope for new domains and services
· Lead one-off unique initiatives involving deep cross-functional partnership
· Drive UX team deliverables by removing obstacles, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs, scheduling UX reviews with stakeholders and leadership, and communicating product/team status
· Mentor and collaborate with partner teams across Amazon about product design, tools, guidelines, and influencing related product road-maps as the service is integrated across touch-points
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
· 6+ years of successful experience as a Producer, UX PM, or similar role in a user experience or design team
· 3+ years of experience leading large projects through the full product development lifecycle in a large, cross-functional team