Amazon's Global Workday Content Design team, part of HR, is seeking a UX Content Designer to author and design the new experiences for employee-facing worldwide content. This role is located in Seattle, WA.
The Global Workday Content Design team owns the HR self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees in Workday. We are a dynamic and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to develop self-service solutions to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
You will be responsible for designing content specific to HR, and working with local subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed. You will focus on the user experience through information architecture and strategic planning, and you must be able to demonstrate your proposal through visual aids. You'll use human-centered design to define requirements that deliver world class customer experiences for our internal employees. You'll simplify complex operational processes and translate them into elegant user interfaces. You'll analyze or help drive user research to help inform the next iteration of the user experience.
In collaboration with our stakeholders and subject matter experts, you will determine the type of content needed and build content by:
· Researching and curating information according to employee needs and user research under the guidance of the regional UX Content Design Manager.
· Authoring personalized/relevant net new content in multiple CMS platforms.
· Evolve content by eliminating anything outdated, ensuring that content on all platforms is consistent, adds value to employees, answers their questions, and either provides a true self-service path or an escalation path that's current if no self-service is possible.
· Ensuring that all content created maps to the tenets of the content team. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and be a versatile resource flexible to work on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines.
· Navigating ambiguity with ease, and are resourceful and creatively overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
· Actively seek feedback from all levels and work with other designers to raise the bar.
· Comfort navigating between developers, product teams, leadership, and most importantly the customer.
Ideal candidate profile
· Fluent in English writing with excellent reading/comprehension skills
· 3-4 years of professional content development experience
· Clear, concise documentation writing style with attention to detail
· Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and/or other style guides
· Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, HTML, and Sketch
· Bachelor in English, Design, or a related field