Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate User Researcher to join our growing design and research studio. This user researcher will have a significant impact on our business and contribute to the research direction for multiple AWS products, services, and platforms.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS UX Design and Research works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
We are seeking a self-motivated and ownership-minded UX Researcher to identify opportunities for innovation and evolution of the AWS Design System and how customers use AWS products and services. In this role you will execute a strategic program of research working collaboratively with UX designers, product managers, and engineers. You will use your deep understanding of user research methods and best practices to uncover customer insights that help drive tactical and strategic impact across the organization. In addition, you will:
· Define and execute a comprehensive research plan, using the best method or mix of quantitative and qualitative methods based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
· Drive research initiatives that range from qualitative and forward-looking to quantitative evaluation of current products.
· Effectively translate data and insights into strategy and design direction.
· Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management.
· Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers across diverse audiences, including designers, PMs, engineers, and business leaders.
· Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights and collaborate with other research teams in Amazon to align on best practices.
Please reach out to hiring manager Jenn Wolfe (jennwolf@) (CC Lowell Abbott (lowabbot@) with resume or portfolio to express interest.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, personas).
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
· Hands-on experience with: field research, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design.
· BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or commensurate industry experience.