The User Experience Research team is a dynamic team of mixed methods researchers. We champion a human-centered approach to product. We bridge the gap between our users, designers, product managers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities to improve the Twitch experience.
As a Sr. User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for informing our research roadmap and priorities, leading research programs, and evangelizing best practices throughout Twitch.
· Design and conduct qualitative and ethnographic studies that inform product design and strategy; translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on product development
· Advise senior management and product teams on research opportunities and best practices at all stages of an agile product development process
· Lead strategic cross-company research initiatives and report findings to our executive team and other business leaders
· Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product discussions
· Manage your own process: identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
· Collaborate with the research operations team to evolve the team's research processes and operational strategy, including: participant recruitment, data storage and lab enhancements.
Ideal candidate profile
· Expertise in a variety of industry-centered qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, diary studies, unmoderated remote studies, paper prototyping and surveys.
· Previous experience applying these methods directly to an industry product development process is required.
· Track record of producing impactful, high-quality research that shapes product decisions
· Understanding of qualitative analysis and reporting methods suitable for the fast pace of industry; ability to quickly shift the methodology and scope of research projects to meet short deadlines while collecting the best possible data and delivering actionable results
· Previous experience working with human research subjects; experience with a mix of lab-based studies, fieldwork and online research desirable; ability to effectively create screening criteria, recruit research participants, build rapport, and moderate studies
· Background in HCI, sociology, applied anthropology, social psychology, design research or related field; advanced degree preferred
· You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area (tools and methods) and can be good teachers and mentors