When is the last time you considered the needs of intellectual property in your User Experience design solutions? How did that solution for intellectual property holders balance with the needs of customers, selling partners, and the business? Did you watch out for abuse vectors and coordinate with the legal and public relations teams? How did you know you made the right decisions?
If this situation is something familiar to you, or if this type of challenging requirements with multilayered user models is where you thrive, we want to talk to you.
You could be a successful candidate for this position if you're an exceptionally talented UX designer who enjoys working side-by-side with UX research, product management and technical innovators. If your work inspires others. Because you care about helping protect Amazon customers, selling partners, and the owners of brands sold across all our marketplaces. As an Amazon customer yourself, you are driven to protect all the experience elements that customers care about: discoverability, authenticity, product quality and selection, fulfillment quality, and pricing. Your sensible design process, unique design philosophy and mature interpersonal behavior can help push the needle on mobile and desktop UX, and bring happiness to buying and selling.
· Starting with the customer and working backward; leveraging customer feedback, in-depth site analytics, internal subject matter experts, and research findings.
· Quickly come up with insightful workflows and simple solutions to complex interaction design problems.
· Use informal and formal methods to test your work with users.
· Take end-to-end responsibility by creating design deliverables that serve the needs of both business and technology.
· Demonstrate good judgment in choosing appropriate deliverables, such as: user stories and use cases, workflows, prioritized feature lists, conceptual diagrams, information architecture, wireframes, low-fidelity mockups and click-through prototypes.
· Collaborate with agile, multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed features and create phased approaches to development.
· Champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
· Develop, collaborate on and maintain design patterns.
· Bring joy to your project teams by gifting them with delightful designs, interesting ideas, and proactive gestures that save them time.
Ideal candidate profile
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating industry leading user-centered design solutions
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other on-device applications
· Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
· Knowledge of all creative tools used by designers and when to use them appropriately
· Fluency in English and demonstrated ability leading persuasive presentations to executives and senior leaders
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience