AWS Elemental is the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery and we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Global Technical Support Team.
Technical Support Engineers at AWS Elemental own customer issues throughout their complete lifecycle while providing knowledgeable and responsive technical support for our enterprise customers. Our customers include small and large enterprise customers and includes on-premises, and cloud based workflows. You will be responsible for issue investigation, identifying software defects, in-depth and complex repro cases across multiple products and services, workarounds, and researching cutting-edge or unfamiliar technologies. This is a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where frequent context shifting and multi-tasking is required.
In this role, you will:
· Track, investigate, and resolve customer questions and issues by phone and email at various levels of complexity and customer impact
· Act as an escalation point for the most complex and in-depth issues that potentially span multiple external and internal organizations while working independently
· Communicate directly with internal organizations to complete root cause analyses, issue investigation, workarounds and defect resolution
· Develop and implement complex repro cases to identify potential software defects, misconfigurations, or issues in customer environments
· Use case management tools to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact
· Contribute to training material and documentation for both internal and customer-facing users
Ideal candidate profile
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline
· 7+ years of experience working in enterprise-level technical/customer support
· 5+ years of experience with Linux operating systems, particularly with networking and system administration
· 7+ years of experience with LAN configuration, Internet protocols, server applications and related troubleshooting tools