Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced program leader who is passionate about transforming the AWS Training and Certification experience on behalf of Amazon and its customers by helping develop the AWS Skills Centers. The AWS Skills Center initiative is a new global program that enables customers and partners to engage with AWS training products onsite in live learning environments, as well as through virtual experiences. The goal of AWS Skills Centers is to help close the global technical cloud skills gap by providing customers access to programs with curriculum specific to AWS and cloud industry job requirements. The Senior Technical Program Manager, Skills Center Content, will work with Training and Certification leaders to conduct research and planning to develop the right vision, format, and content that will drive thousands of new learners to Skills Centers in the coming months. They will lead the vision and creation of AWS Skills Center content, partner with Skills Center and Real Estate stakeholders to consult on the Skills Center site design, and hire and manage the initial Skills Center AWS content delivery teams.
· Lead the vision and efforts in establishing interactive and engaging Skills Center curriculum and product offerings based on intended audience profiles, learning objectives, AWS best practices, and strategic initiatives.
· Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Machine Learning, AI, Robotics, Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to partner with subject matter experts to develop engaging and effective curriculum for our customers.
· Curate and transpose existing T&C content and products for Skills Center delivery
· Partner with various internal teams including T&C Curriculum Engineering, subject matter experts, technical trainers, support engineers, professional services consultants, and solutions architects to build accurate training that meets defined learning objectives. Key activities include audience analysis, course design workshops, user testing, and feedback collection.
· Ensure all new experiences are built for scalability and long-term support.
· Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand product road maps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
· Provide technical and training support for Skills Center staff, and at Skills Center events and summits as needed
· Collaborate with Skills Center stakeholders to ensure Skills Center site designs/layouts accommodate technical training requirements
· Partner with AWS Field and T&C stakeholders to ensure curriculum selection aligns with field strategy and goals
· Create a high level of standardization within the Skills Center product portfolio, form quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other initiatives for continuous product improvement
· Monitor and report on the progress of all curriculum/product development activity including significant milestones and any conditions that would impact delivery schedule
· Hire and develop top talent, including future Technical Program and Product Managers, and Skills Center Delivery Trainers
· Ability to travel, including internationally (25%)
· Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following tools: digital content development tools (Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Lectora, Captivate, etc.), graphic design or image editing software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), and related SCORM or Tin Can compliant production tools
· Programming or application development experience in a current language such as Java, .NET, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, or other content-specific certifications as appropriate
· One or more current AWS certifications (Professional or Specialty), or 2+ years of production AWS experience
· Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science or reltated field) or 6+ years of relevant work experience in technical industry
· Degree in instructional design, adult learning, or other education-related field Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration or similar field
· Technical trainer experience
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Bias for Action and a willingness to take risks
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Possesses a broad technical and program background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in to execution when necessary
· Experience operating and leading in high levels of ambiguity
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical content, and/or training customers in technical content
· 5+ years of proven experience in one or more IT domains (storage, compute, networking, security, software development, systems administration, database engineering or administration, machine learning, cloud infrastructure, big data, DevOps, or other IT infrastructure domain).
· Experience in designing the physical requirements for training curriculum implementation
· Direct management experience
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams