We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Systems Engineer that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for traditional IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide
What you will do:
In this role, you will directly influence the AWS technology ecosystem. You will be join a group of technology leaders that are determined to delight our customers while helping AWS deliver new tooling and services to enable massive growth. You will integrate with AWS products, you will help evaluate new AWS offerings, and you will build new software/services to fill gaps. You will lead a full-stack development team - services and API's to provide end user a seamless experience of our services. You will build for a global audience, delivering highly-scalable services and a low-latency experience for all of your customers. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
Why it matters:
Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth, we must continually innovate with new processes and automation that simplify our operations at massive scale. You'll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact thousands of developers and teams. You'll help us rapidly launch and scale our services. The processes you operate will benefit Amazon's external customers, which are using the Retail website and Amazon Web Services.
Why you'll love it:
You'll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Amazon Web Services. You'll work with massive data sets. You'll improve the agility of our technical teams. You'll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You'll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you'll define and execute processes to deliver both savings and productivity for AWS and Amazon.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
• Have end to end ownership of major engineering projects within the Enterprise Engineering space
• Build and roll-out systems to multiple global regions
• Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
• Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands
• Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
• Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
• Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
• Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require
• Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our system quality and reliability
• Work with a wide range of technologies
• Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
• Support the AWS 24X7 environment with on call work
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· 3 years' overall Systems Administration and Engineering experience
· 3 years' experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system
· 1+ years scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Perl, Shell, python and/or ruby)