The Books Marketing team is looking for a talented and dynamic visual designer to join our Books Design Studio in our Seattle WA location. We offer a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be helping drive a key part of the Books experience for our customers, across surfaces and devices. This your chance to have fun and make history in the rapidly-growing digital reading and eCommerce space.
The ideal candidate has experience creating and executing within a design system, collaborating with internal and external partners, and aligning deliverables with stakeholder input. You must be able to work with ambiguity and successfully present your work, all while guiding stakeholders toward thoughtful engaging design solutions. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a strong background in web design and typography with astute attention to details.
· In partnership with Marketing Managers and PMs, conceive innovative, multi-platform ad campaigns for Books Marketing.
· Partner with design leadership and product management partners to consistently deliver high-quality creative.
· Leverage creative best practices to optimize user experience and drive performance of key advertising initiatives
· Understand usability principles that help drive successful customer-centric digital ad experiences
· Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies) to inform creative decisions
· Think big using current and future marketing channels to inform and delight our customers
· Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to ensure consistent brand use across multiple marketing channels
· Grow team knowledge of best-in-practice design trends occurring throughout the web and graphic design communities
· Strong customer obsession
· Team player with refined and assertive leadership skills
· Pixel-perfect attention to design detail
· Knowledge of Marketing best practices
· Ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data and diplomacy
· Consistently find yourself asking questions that start with “What if?”
· Experience working in an advertising/creative agency or internal design
· Experience working in online interactive design
· Ecommerce design experience
· Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and basic technical considerations
· A passion for books
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· An online portfolio with samples of work demonstrating 8+ years of experience in brand development, online marketing, retail merchandising, and user-centered design solutions
· Ability to work in an iterative environment across teams and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
· Expert Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
· Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience